I was recently tagged in a post by @mraspinall to reflect on my #10goodthings in the past year.
I honestly haven’t put a lot of thought into this figuring that it would be easy to come up with at least 10 things – so in no particular order here goes.
- I get to be Vice Principal for another year at my school. This may not seem like anything outstanding, but it is. I absolutely love my school and was so happy to learn that I would get to stay a second year. There is often a lot of movement between schools for us VPs so to stay at one school for longer than a year is a blessing. And boy am I blessed. Awesome and I mean awesome students. Passionate and dedicated staff. Visionary principal and mentor.
- I successfully helped to implement a student leadership program in my school that has morphed into a leadership council this year with student led committees including chairs, co-chairs, and an executive council that meets regularly to set direction for the school. It’s pretty cool.
- I have helped lead my school staff into the world of social media. We have a school Twitter account, Facebook page, and remind accounts for staff and families. We also have most of our teachers using some form of blog to interact with both students and parents. And best of all, many of our staff now have Twitter accounts and are regularly tweeting!
- I have started blogging!
- I attended my first and second edCamps and will continue to do so – they’re awesome ways to connect with other like-minded educators and to see what amazing things teachers and leaders are doing in their buildings to enhance their own learning and their students’ learning.
- I started using the word ‘co-learner’ because I truly believe I am one. We’re all in this together.
- I embraced coding and learned its value in education. Thanks @rebecca11612 and @mraspinall!
- I encouraged my son to stay in England for another year to teach. He is now teaching a Grade 4 class in a little town just north of London and is loving it.
- My youngest daughter successfully transitioned from high school to university and is now at UVic in British Columbia taking Theatre. She’s such a ham.
- @gcouros followed me on Twitter today!